Sunday, October 27, 2013

Dress Story: Amethyst



Amethyst recently donated her wedding dress, veil and shoes. Here is her dress story:

After much conversation and thought, my husband and I made the decision to have a small wedding ceremony composed of immediate family only. Additionally, New Year's Eve has always been one of my favorite holidays. Therefore, we chose New Year's Eve 2011 for our wedding date. Since both of my husband's grandmothers live right outside of Orlando, we thought it best to have our wedding close to that area and eventually decided to get married on a cruise boat departing out of a port in Tampa. Without a doubt, this was an exciting time for all involved! My niece served as the beautiful flower girl and my precious nephew was our ring bearer. They loved exploring the ship and all our family could not believe how great our wedding ceremony and reception were. 

Amethyst included her veil in the donation.

In regards to the dress, I wanted something casual yet still with a bit of elegance and after trying on several dresses I found one I was satisfied with. While I loved wearing my dress on the wedding day, I am thrilled to have the opportunity for someone else to benefit from it as opposed to the dress just simply sitting in the closet slowly collecting dust. 


No comments:

Post a Comment