Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Dress Stories: Chrissie and Kate


Closet of fashion illustrator Megan Hess

Twice Upon a Dress asks you to look in your closet and share the stories of your dresses. Many closets are full of many dresses with many stories. At Twice Upon a Dress, we are interested in formal dresses and their unique stories. To launch our dress stories, Chrissie and Kate tell theirs below. They chose to donate these dresses to Twice Upon a Dress for sale in Africa, giving them a second story and benefitting students in Malawi.


Chrissie's bridesmaid dress above: I wore the green dress when I was a bridesmaid in the wedding of my best friend from college.  The wedding was in a large, cathedral-like church, and I had to walk down the longest aisle I've ever seen in front of close to 800 guests.  I was very nervous, but at least I knew my dress was beautiful!  After I made it to the altar, a Scottish bag-pipe player walked down the long aisle to announce the entrance of the bride.  The ceremony was beautiful and the reception after was so much fun.  I remember dancing until the very last song was played! 

Kate, her sister, wore the black and white dress for her Junior Prom: I wore this beautiful bohemian dress to my junior prom. I wanted a dress that would be unique from the other dresses at prom, and this black and white gown was perfect for what I was looking for. It was so comfortable throughout the whole night. I was able to jump around and dance with my friends, while also maintaining an elegant and lovely feel. It has only been worn once, so I am happy to give it to such a wonderful cause!


If you would like to donate your dresses, please email us at twiceuponadressglobal@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment