Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Scholar Stories: Nester


Nester with Twice Upon a Dress Co-Founder Jody Stephenson


In the Western world, opportunities for education into adulthood are in abundance.  In Malawi, the opportunity for secondary education is extremely costly and limited, especially for girls. In Malawi, fewer than 30% of boys and 16% of girls complete primary education. Only 7% of girls make it to secondary school, where risks of early marriage and pregnancy further reduce enrollment. When girls are unable to pay for secondary school fees, they often return to their villages with little to no hope for their future. Twice Upon a Dress focuses its resources on partnering with students and their families to pay for secondary education. We take your unwanted dresses, sell them and support scholars like our first, Nester.


Nester at right with friend Irene Banda

We are asking our scholars to commit to their scholarships as we have here with Nester.
In her own words, 

"With my education from Aiskiana pa Ulendo (Girls on the Move School), I will"
1. Be a witness to my friends for what God has done for me in my life.





2. Be able to provide for my son.
3. Lift up the name of God by doing a work for charities




.
4. Have a good relationship with people and family









.
5. Stand to be a witness to my friends for what God has done for me.  According to Jeremiah 29:11 God plans to prosper us.

Your spare dress can help a student finish school and start a new life. Contact us at twiceuponadressglobal@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment